ここから本文です

【緊急】高校英語、長文です。

アバター

ID非公開さん

2017/9/2120:19:52

【緊急】高校英語、長文です。

訳をお願いしたいです。
These studies, and others over the past twenty years, suggest that book ownership can enhance literacy in ways that cannot be attributed to any other factor, including book readership. This does not mean that reading books is unimportant, of course, or that children must own every book that they read. It does mean that something happens to a child's self-perception when he or she is a book owner that does not happen to those who read books without owning them. "It's not the physical presence of the books that produces the biggest impact," David Brooks writes in the New York Times, commenting on the first study and paraphrasing an anonymous book donor, "it's the change in the way the students see themselves as they build a home library. They see themselves as readers, as members of a different group."Salon columnist Laura Miller agrees: "As much as we love libraries, there is something in possessing a book that is significantly different from borrowing it, especially for a child. You can write your name in it and keep it always. It transforms you into the kind of person who owns books, a member of the club, as well as part of a family that has them around the house. You're no longer just a visitor to the realm of the written word: you've got a passport."
And this is my experience exactly. In a very real way, books changed my life -ultimately because I read them, but initially because I owned them. Having my own library of classic books made me a different kind of person -namely, the kind of person who owns a library of classic books. Reading them, loving them, and learning from them followed naturally from this ontological position. Though I still own more books than I have read, the number has been shrinking for years. But will never, I hope, get to zero.

閲覧数:
回答数:

違反報告

ベストアンサーに選ばれた回答

kel********さん

2017/9/2122:20:28

これらの研究、および過去20年にわたる他の研究は、本を所有する事で、読者を含めて他の要因が起因しないような方法で読解力を高めることができることを示唆しています。本を読むことが重要ではないってことではありません。また、もちろん、子供が読んだ本をすべて所有していると言っいるのでもありません。それは、書籍を所有していないときに書籍を読む人には起こらない、書籍の所有者であるときに子供の自己認識に何かが起こることを意味しています。デイビッド・ブルックス氏のニューヨークタイムズ紙への寄稿によると、最初の調査と匿名の書籍提供者の解釈についてコメントしています。「学生が自分たちで作る家庭図書館の変化を見れることです。読者である自分自身や異なるグループの一員であることを客観的に見れます。サロンのコラムニスト、ローラ・ミラーは、次のように同意しています。「図書館が好きなほど、本を所有することは、借りる事とはかなり異なる何かがあります。特に、子供にとっては、自分の名前を記入したり、何時も所持できますし、そうする事で、本に、愛着が湧きます。クラブのメンバーや家族の一員と同じように、何時も、家では自分の側に置いておけます。あなたはもう、図書館で本を借りる訪問者ではないのです。何時でも手にする事ができるパスポートを、所持しているようなものです。そして、これは私自身の経験によるものなのです。非常に現実的な方法で本は私の人生を一変させてくれました。なぜなら、読書を毎日し、実際にその中にあなたの名前を書いて、それを常に保つことができます。それはあなたを書物を所有する人の種類、クラブのメンバー、そして家の周りにある家族の一部に変身させます。もはや書かれた言葉の領域への訪問者ではなく、あなたはパスポートを持っています。そして、これは私の経験で、非常に現実的なやり方で読んでいたので、でも、当初は、所有してただけでした。自分自身の古典図書館を所有すれば、違う人になった様な感じになります。すなわち、自分専用の図書館で読み、愛着が湧き、自然に存在論てきな位置から学んだりしました。所有している本にはまだ読んでいない本がたくさんあり、それらを読むのに、何年もかかっています。しかし、全冊読破することは決してないだろうと思う。

みんなで作る知恵袋 悩みや疑問、なんでも気軽にきいちゃおう!

Q&Aをキーワードで検索:

Yahoo! JAPANは、回答に記載された内容の信ぴょう性、正確性を保証しておりません。
お客様自身の責任と判断で、ご利用ください。
本文はここまでです このページの先頭へ

「追加する」ボタンを押してください。

閉じる

※知恵コレクションに追加された質問は選択されたID/ニックネームのMy知恵袋で確認できます。

不適切な投稿でないことを報告しました。

閉じる