ここから本文です

下の英文の和訳教えてください

kaz********さん

2011/6/1723:52:30

下の英文の和訳教えてください

I was studying to be an actress at a university in Dallas and feeling anxious and uncertain about my future. Will I be able to support myself? I wondered. That summer I decided to see if I could live on my own.

I found a job in Aspen, Colorado as a worker at a resort hotel. I don't remember what I earned, but it was so little that I had to live on spaghetti and cornflakes. I was at the hotel by six o'clock every morning to help with continental breakfast. When breakfast was finished, I cleaned the dining room and the lobby.

Generally, people had always treated me well. But now that I was a hotel worker, I found that many of the guests were not so nice. That was a shock.

People were supposed to serve themselves at continental breakfast it was my job to walk around the room and refill corree and juice. But some people wanted me to do everything for them. I remember one man who kept ordering me to get his food and demanding things we did not serve. He was also very critical. Even though I wanted to say, "Go and get it yourself," I knew it was my job to be quiet and to do whatever I was told in a nice way. So I'd take a deep breath and get what he wanted.

Still, I've never forgotten how it felt to be spoken to so rudely. Today, whenever I am in a taxi or being waited on, I always try to be as nice as possible. Service-industry jobs are not easy, and they're even harder when people treat you badly.

My job also taught me confidence. After that summer I realized that what I had been afraid of in acting was failure. I learned that the most important thing is to do my best. I decided to act with all my energy. Even if I failed, at least I would always know that I had done my best.

閲覧数:
回答数:
お礼:
100枚

違反報告

ベストアンサーに選ばれた回答

2011/6/1800:14:47

文字数制限のため和文のみ掲載します。

私はダラスにある大学で女優になるための勉強をしていましたが、自分の将来については不確かで不安を感じていました。私は自立できるだろうか?私は悩みました。その夏、私は自分ひとりで生活できるか確かめてみる決意をしました。

私はコロラド州のアスペンのリゾートホテルで働く仕事を見つけました。収入は覚えていませんが、とても少なかったので、私はスパゲッティとコーンフレークで生き延びなくてはなりませんでした。毎朝6時までにホテルに行き、コンチネンタルブレックファースト(※簡素な朝食)を取りました。朝食が終わると、私はダイニングルームとロビーを綺麗にしました。

一応に人々はいつも私を良く扱ってくれました。でも今はホテルで働く身なので、多くのお客さんはそれほど優しくないということが分かってきました。それはショックでした。

コンチネンタルブレックファーストではセルフサービスのはずでしたが、部屋を歩き回ってコーヒーやジュースのお替りをするのは私の仕事でした。でも中にはすべてを私のやらせようとする人たちもいたのです。一人の男性が私に命じて食べ物を取りに行かせたり、ホテルでは出さないものを要求し続けたりしたのを覚えています。彼はまた、とても皮肉屋でした。私は「ご自分で取りにいらしてください」と言いたかったのですが、だまって丁重なやり方で何でも言われたとおりにするのが自分の仕事だということも分かっていました。ですから、深呼吸して彼の欲しがるものを手に入れていたのです。

それでも、私はとても失礼な口の利き方をされるのがどういう感じかを決して忘れることはありませんでした。今日、タクシーの中にいたり待たされているときはいつも、私はできるだけ丁重でいようとするのです。サービス業界の仕事は易しいものではありません。そして、人からひどく扱われると、もっと難しいものにさえなります。

また私の仕事は私に自信を持たせてくれました。その夏の後で、私が演技をする中で恐れていたものは失敗だったと気づきました。私は、最も大切なのは全力を尽くすことなのだと学びました。私は自分の全エネルギーを注いで演技する決意をしました。失敗したとしても、少なくとも私は自分がベストを尽くしたことがいつも分かるでしょう。

質問した人からのコメント

2011/6/18 00:51:01

本当にありがとうございました。

感謝しきれないです。

m(_ _)m

みんなで作る知恵袋 悩みや疑問、なんでも気軽にきいちゃおう!

Q&Aをキーワードで検索:

Yahoo! JAPANは、回答に記載された内容の信ぴょう性、正確性を保証しておりません。
お客様自身の責任と判断で、ご利用ください。
本文はここまでです このページの先頭へ

「追加する」ボタンを押してください。

閉じる