ここから本文です

英文の日本語訳をお願いします。

yok********さん

2015/6/2711:43:43

英文の日本語訳をお願いします。

I have never met a stupid child. But I've met many children who are always called "stupid" by adults because these children dont behave in ways that adults like or expect.

Once, I tutored a six-year-old girl in reading at elementary school. I'll call her Mary She lived in a small house with six brothers and sisters, her parents, and other relatives. All the people in the house came home and went out at different times. Mary was rarely able to get a good night's sleep. She always looked tired. She didn't seem to like talking and she didn't want to read, either. Sometimes she looked sleepy and often put her head on her desk.

One day, I was tutoring her. It was hard to get her attention, so I asked her to draw something. Her colored-pencil drawings of people and animals were drawn very well and had a lot of detail. Even though she didn't like to talk, Mary communicated well through her art. She drew some pictures of a small house with many people. These pictures gave me a way to begin talking to Mary about her life. When I praised her drawings she repeated what other adults must have said to her: they were just "baby" stuff and not very good.

Her teacher told me that my role was to tutor Mary in reading, not playing. I had a suggestion for the teacher I suggested helping Mary express herself by drawing. After she drew a picture, I could help her write stories about the pictures. Finally, she could learn to read her stories. But the teacher could only see that Mary and I had failed because Mary could not read stories in the class textbooks.

Mary was intelligent. She expressed her intelligence by drawing, not by reading. But her interest and talent in drawing were not being praised at home or in school. It w surprising that she often seemed unhappy. Her talents were being ignored and even punished by adults. As a result, Mary lost her confidence.

補足When children lose their confidence, adults often call them 'slow' or "lazy." These adults believe that children like Mary cannot study and will always do poorly at school. This is a tragic situation because these children lose the chance to master basic skills. These skills are necessary to develop their special talents.

閲覧数:
回答数:
お礼:
50枚

違反報告

ベストアンサーに選ばれた回答

him********さん

2015/6/2713:20:48

私は今まで、愚かな子供に出会ったことがない。しかし大人の好まない、あるいは期待しな行為をする故に、大人たちが愚かだという多くのお子供たちには会ったてきた。

一度、私は小学校で、6歳の女の子の読みの個人教授をした。私がメアリーと呼んだ彼女は6人の兄弟、姉妹と両親、そして親戚たちと小さな家に住んでいた。
その家に皆、違う時間に帰り、外出していた。メアリーはほとんど睡眠を取ることができなかった。彼女はいつも疲れているようだった。彼女は話したがらず、読みたくもなかったようだった。
時々、彼女は眠いようで、しばしば頭を机に付けていた。

ある日、私は個人教授をしていた。それは彼女の注意を集中するのは難しかった。それで私は引き付けるために何か質問をした。彼女の色鉛筆で書かれた人々や動物はとても良く、詳細まで書かれていた。彼女は話したがらないけれでも、彼女の絵を通じて、コミュニケーションを十分に取れた。彼女は小さな家とそこに住む大勢の人たちの絵を何枚も描いた。これらの絵は彼女の生活についてメアリーと話し始めるきっかけとなった。私が彼女の絵を褒めた時、他の大人たちが彼女に言ったに違いないことを彼女は繰り返した。それらは「赤ちゃん」のようなもので、よくありません。と。

彼女の担任は私に、私のやるべきことは読みの個人教授で、遊ぶことではない。
と話した。私はその担任に、私は絵を描くことによってメアリーの意思表示の手助けをすると、提案をした。彼女が絵を描いてから、私は絵についての話しを書く手助けをすることができた。ついに、彼女は話しを読み方を学ぶことができた。
しかしその担任はメアリーが教科書を読むことができなかったので、私とメアリーは失敗したと思っただけだった。

メアリーは賢かった。彼女は読みではなく、絵を描くことによって意思表示をした。しかし彼女の絵を描く興味と能力は家や学校で褒められることはなかった。
彼女がしばしば悲しく見えたのは驚きだった。彼女の才能は大人たちに無視され、罰を受けることさえあった。その結果、メアリーは自信を失った。

補足
大人が子供たちを、「のろまだグズだ」としばしば呼ぶことにより、子供たちが自信を失う。これらの大人たちはメアリーのような子供たちが学校で勉強ができず、いつも失敗ばかりしていると信じている。これらの子供たちは彼らの基本的な技術を習得する機会を失わされているために悲劇的な状況だ。これらの技術は彼らの特別な能力を伸ばすために必要である。

質問した人からのコメント

2015/7/4 08:47:02

ありがとうございます。
勉強の参考にさせていただきます^ ^

「have a good night 訳」の検索結果

検索結果をもっと見る

みんなで作る知恵袋 悩みや疑問、なんでも気軽にきいちゃおう!

別のキーワードで検索:

Yahoo! JAPANは、回答に記載された内容の信ぴょう性、正確性を保証しておりません。
お客様自身の責任と判断で、ご利用ください。
本文はここまでです このページの先頭へ

「追加する」ボタンを押してください。